If you wonder about the best time of day or night to send emails, Send Time Optimization can take out the guesswork. Send Time Optimization uses data science to determine when your contacts are most likely to engage, and sends your emails at that time.
In this article, you’ll learn how to use Send Time Optimization.
Before you start
Here are some things to know before you start this process.
- Depending on your plan, you may not have access to Send Time Optimization. Find out what features are included in each plan.
- Send Time Optimization can be used on Mailchimp’s regular, plain-text, A/B testing, and multivariate email types. This feature is not available in automated emails.
- We don’t recommend this feature for same-day sending. This feature can only be used if there are more than five hours left in the day in the time zone set for the account.
How Send Time Optimization works
Mailchimp users send a lot of email to a lot of people. Some of those people receive emails from more than one Mailchimp user, which means we have some data about their individual engagement patterns.
When you create an email and turn on Send Time Optimization, we’ll use this data to pinpoint an ideal time within 24 hours of your selected send date, and send your campaign at that time.
Learn about the science of Send Time Optimization.
Turn on Send Time Optimization
To use Send Time Optimization on your email campaign, follow these steps.
- When your campaign is ready to send, click Schedule.
- Choose Send Time Optimization.
In some campaign types, you may see this option as Let Mailchimp optimize send time for maximum engagement.
- Click Schedule Campaign.